Partners in Recovery
What is Partners in Recovery?
Partners in Recovery (PIR) is a Commonwealth funded initiative that aims to better support people with severe and persistent mental illness with complex needs and their carers and families.
A coordinated and integrated approach is used to ensure that PIR consumers receive the best possible services and supports.
The collaborative PIR initiative has been successful across Australia, more can be read about it here
Objectives of Partners in Recovery
- facilitating improved coordination and collaboration of community services to deliver ‘wrap around’ care
- strengthening partnerships in delivering services to the PIR target group
- improving referral pathways for the PIR target group, and
- promoting a community based recovery model to underpin community services for the PIR target group.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Southwest WA Partners in Recovery (SWWAPIR) supports the transition to the NDIS in the following areas:
Our support facilitators can support eligible people to test their eligibility for NDIS supports, this includes collecting information and completing the NDIS Access Request Form.
Individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria can access PIR:
- Appear to have a severe and persistent mental illness;
- Have complex needs that require services from multiple agencies;
- Require substantial support and assistance to engage with the various services to meet their needs;
- Have no existing coordination arrangements in place to assist them to access the necessary services, or where they are in place, those arrangements have failed, have contributed to the problems experienced by the individual, and are likely to be addressed by acceptance into PIR; and
- The individual or their legal guardian has indicated a willingness to participate in PIR.
To make a referral, contact the Support Facilitator in your region during business hours, through the relevant agency listed below.
South West WA PIR (SWWA PIR)
SWWA PIR is led by Chorus and involves four host agencies employing Partners in Recovery Support facilitators. These are; Chorus, Lamp, Forrest Personnel and Avivo.
The geographic area covered by SWWA PIR includes the Wheatbelt, South West Coastal and Great Southern regions.